CREST Technologies, Inc has an opening for a System Engineer/Project Engineer position located within the central Massachusetts area.
CREST works with educational institutions across the U.S. to ensure the successful deployment of Apple solutions in our customers’ classrooms.
The Systems Engineer/Project Engineer position is a hybrid position delivering architecture, installation, configuration, and integration of Apple products.
The successful candidate will need to be willing to travel to areas throughout the U.S. as needed and will be responsible for leadership and strategic thinking in a hard-working, positive, team-oriented environment. Candidates must demonstrate their ability to be resourceful, the desire and motivation to learn, and to teach others. Candidates must be able to work remotely, at customer sites and collaborate with a geographically dispersed team. Candidates must be able to produce high quality technical documentation and provide training as required.
- Pre-and post-deployment customer consulting and issue resolution.
- Developing, testing and maintaining macOS (baseline) system configurations and iOS provisioning.
- Assist customers recognize areas of concern with their deployments and provide solutions.
- Coordinate the deployment of Apple hardware, macOS, macOS Server, and iOS for customers.
- Coach customers on their use of Mobile Device Management solutions (MDM) for macOS and iOS.
- Working with CREST/Apple Project Management to ensure technical quality on all engagements.
- Assisting with creating scripts, packages, and developing custom applications to support a project as needed.
- A broad and deep technical knowledge of Apple products, hardware, OSs, and all supporting technologies.
- Experience architecting, deploying, managing, and integrating both macOS and iOS in customer environments.
- Ability to see the big picture of customer deployments while diving into the minutia of individual technologies.
- Ability to act as a “visionary” when providing guidance on delivery direction.
- Ability to lead in-depth technical troubleshooting and deployment conversations via e-mail, conference calls, whiteboard presentations, and written assessments targeted at engineering, customer, and partner audiences.
- Ability to aggregate information from multiple sources to formulate a cohesive strategy or direction and communicate the direction effectively.
- Possess exemplary interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
- Ability to demonstrate strong writing and project planning experience.
- Ability to act as an autonomous self-starter that can communicate across companies, organizations, and management levels.
- Management of special projects as assigned, including delivering exemplary results that are aligned with organization goals, cross-functional communication, and managing to an aggressive project schedule.
- 5+ years of experience architecting, deploying, and troubleshooting iOS, macOS, and supporting technologies.
- 5+ years of enterprise-level client and server integration and deployment– Professional experience architecting and deploying wireless networks and/or deploying wireless clients into environments.
- General familiarity with networking concepts, including troubleshooting wireless infrastructure issues.
- 5+ years of experience with direct customer interaction
- 5+ years of experience creating and presenting technical content as a subject matter expert.
- Experience developing and communicating analytical business reporting.
- Experience deploying and/or managing Microsoft Active Directory and/or UNIX/Linux server infrastructure preferred.
- Experience with JAMF strongly preferred, ability to deliver Jumpstarts is a plus
- Familiarity with MDM concepts and Apple’s Push Notification Service (APNS)
- Familiarity with Apple deployment workflows, including Apple School Manager and Apple Business Manager
- Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) 10.11,10.12,10.13,10.14 or ability to obtain
- Familiarity with directory and web services hosted on Windows Server and Linux platforms (Active Directory, LDAP, IIS, Apache/Tomcat)
- Familiarity with concepts relating to creation and deployment of certificates
- Familiarity with concepts relating to Kerberos (SSO) and SAML
- Experience with UNIX shell scripting strongly preferred
Interested? Click here to Apply!